Thermal deburring is a process that removes unwanted burrs and flashing produced during the manufacturing of products. The product is sealed in a chamber, then pressurized with a gas/oxygen mixture. The mixture envelops the burrs, regardless of location (particularly important for burrs inside a part). The mixture is then ignited creating a burst of intense heat that burns off the burr. The entire burr is removed due to the high ratio of the surface area to the mass of the burr. The product is then cleaned, removing the oxides that are created during the process. Advantages of thermal deburring include:
- Removes burrs that are very difficult or impossible to reach with hand deburring tools.
- Thoroughly removes minor flash from die cast parts without affecting the host part.
- Effective on a wide range of materials, including zinc, aluminum, brass, steel, stainless steel, iron and thermoplastics.
- Processed product is burr free, without affecting the mechanical or dimensional properties or the appearance of the part.
- Particularly effective for small parts or where burrs are internal.
- Ideal for high volume production, where the cost and time of deburring affects the supply to your customers.
- Works particularly well on internal machined cross holes.
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2017 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com