A Revolution in Custom Zinc Die Casting
A revolution is beginning in custom zinc die casting and CRECOCAST, Seville, Ohio is on the cutting edge of the innovative changes. Engineering terminology and capabilities including net shape, flash free, minimum tolerances, thin walls, and cost efficiencies are already common terms in CRECO's vocabulary. Effective casting with newer alloys such as ZA-8 bring added feasibility to decisions. Finished parts are supplied with component required exactness.
State of the Art Four Slide Precision Technology
Four slide crosshead allows core pull movements to be economically incorporated into complex dies. The integrated hydraulic system provides consistent clamping pressure, fastest cycle speeds and highest quality.
- precise, close dimensional tolerances
- thin wall construction
- opportunity to incorporate multi-part items into a single casting
- ability to produce small cored holes, minimum side wall draft
- long lasting, low maintenance dies
- proven for all styles and applications: threaded, bayonet, plain
- eliminates secondary operations
- inexpensive and readily available
- ideally suited to electronic components
- excellent EMI/RFI shielding characteristics
- easily plated/superior finish/highly aesthetic
- stronger, stiffer, tougher than many conventional materials
- several alloys to choose from, application specific
Comparisons of Zinc Die Castings and
Other Common Materials Used
All Properties are Approximate.
Characteristic Zinc Alloy
Zamak 3 ZA 8
Ult. Tensile Strength psi 41,000 54,000 60,000 70,000 55,000 28,000 65,000 72,000 Elong. in 2 in. % 10 6-10 30 45 15 30 17 24 Hardness BHN 82 95-110 110 68 95 47 183 123 Specific Gravity 6.7 - 8.4 8.4 2.7 2.7 7.8 7.8 Electrical Conductivity 27 28 27 - 63 - 12 -
- cost savings
This technical information has been contributed by
Click on Company Name for a Detailed Profile
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2017 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com