How to Design Metal
Things We've Learned From Years Making Metal Stampings
5. Specification and Measurement of Punched Holes
A common practice exists in dimensioning punched holes.
General Purpose Holes
1. Dimension feature size limits only.
2. Feature size is to be measured only in the burnished land area.
3. Shape deviations within the feature size limits are permissible.
Special Purpose Holes
1. Dimension only those elements that affect part function.
2. When dimensioned:
a. Burnished land to be specified as minimum only.
b. Burr height to be specified as maximum only.
This technical information has been contributed by
Click on Company Name for a Detailed Profile
back | table of contents | forward
Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us Copyright © 1996-2017 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com