Lapping is the process of mixing loose abrasives with a vehicle such as oil and letting it remove material from the work piece at very controlled rate. The "Free Abrasive " method of lapping employs a hardened table as opposed to a soft cast iron table, which can remove stock faster and still give all the benefits of conventional lapping.
- Flatness: 1 Light Band (11.6 millionth of an inch)
- Parallelism: .0001 inches
- Size Control: +/- .00015 inches
- Finishes: As low as 4 Ra and 2 or better with a polishing machine
Lapping has many other advantages:
- Small thin parts are easily handled
- Thermal distortions are virtually non-existent
- Clamping distortions are a thing of the past
- Brittle parts are easy to run because of the gentle grinding action
- Any kind of material including nonmagnetic can be run
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2017 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com