Electron Beam Drilling is an innovative machining process, which drills many small holes in resistant material. The perforation technique is simple: the highly concentrated energized electron beam instantly vaporizes the material at the point of impact. In just a few thousandths of a second, the beam forms a fine channel through the work piece.
Advantages of Electron Beam Drilling:
- Process is a noncontact thermal "tool"
- High power density is focused into a small spot
- Critical beam parameters can be adjusted electronically at high speed
- Can produce inclined holes at various angles to the surface
- Drills on a continuously moving target to maximize drill speed
- Provides a drilling rate up to 2,000 holes per second in thin sheet metal
- Can drill material thicknesses from 0.002" to 0.200"
- Drills holes from 0.002" to 0.040" in diameter
- Is capable of an aspect ratio (depth to diameter) of 25 to 1
- Hole profiles can be taper, cylinder or bell
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2010 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com