Electrostatic powder coating is a method of applying a durable, protective and attractive coat to a variety of surfaces. An electrically-charged powder is sprayed onto a grounded object, after which the item is cured in an oven until the powder "flows out", resulting in a smooth, tough, chemical-resistant coating that lasts up to ten times longer than ordinary paint.
Advantages of Powder Coating
- 1. Environmentally Friendly
- As solvents are not used, no VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) are emitted with powder coating. This eliminates air pollution problems.
- 2. Recycle or Re-use is possible
- As overspray powder can be reclaimed to be re-used, there is no waste of valuable materials.
- 3. Easy Operation
- Since no mixing, color matching or skillful workmanship for spraying is required, the operation is easy, and automatic coating through the use of robots and reciprocators are possible, resulting in reduction of labor cost.
- 4. High Productivity
- Through powder coating, a thicker film (as thick as 200 microns or 8 mils without preheating) can be deposited with a single spray, making powder coating a lot more productive than liquid coating.
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2010 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com