Custom Sewn Industrial Products
Job shops with substantial experience in custom manufacturing typically use flexible, pliable materials such as vinyl, nylon, urethane, aramids, Teflon, leather and many other fabrics for industrial sewing. Applications are in many OEM markets including medical, safety, outdoor, and industrial. Preferably, your supplier will utilize an ISO 9001:2000 certified quality management system to help guide your idea through the design, material, sampling, and manufacturing stages to the finished product with continued emphasis on quality. This is especially important if your product needs protection, portability, or image enhancement. For sewn products, a wide variety of types of sewing machines can be used to meet your specific application's requirements. The goal is to manufacture the highest quality products possible in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Sewing equipment selection includes:
- Programmable Small Area Pattern Sewers
- Programmable Large Area Pattern Sewers
- Post & Cylinder Machines
- Ergonomic Station Machines
- Zig Zag Machines
- Single Needle Stitchers
- Double Needle Stitchers
- Multi Needle Stitchers
- Bar Tackers
- Buttonhole Machines
- Leather Skiver
Steps in producing a custom industrial sewn product:
- Cutting: the incoming raw materials are cut as specified for use in the product, utilizing equipment such as a Lectra programmable cutting system, hydraulic cutting press, automatic webbing hot cut machine, and hand operated material cutting saws.
- Personalization Options: several options exist to enhance your product's image. Artwork can be customer supplied, or the job shop can create a design for you using their in-house graphics team:
- Embroidery: two, six, and twelve head embroidery machines are capable of running multiple colors on a wide variety of substrates.
- Screen Printing: flat bed screen printing machines for one color screening or multiple color screening jobs can print up to 4 colors while maintaining excellent registration.
- Hot Stamping
- Heat Transfer
- Molded Vinyl Logos
- Woven Label
- Secondary Operations:
- Hardware Attachment: grommets, rivets, buttons, snaps, hook & loop, buckles, hook & eye, zippers, cording & ties, bumper feet, D-rings, magnetic closures, and many more.
- Tube Sealing & Valve installation
- Component Assembly
- Specialized or General Packaging
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2010 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com