Die Making and Design
Does your die supplier get dies running automatically before they deliver them to you?
Look for a supplier who ships their dies de-bugged and running automatically. Before they ship any die, they should try it out on their own presses. They should welcome their customers to join them for the final inspection and testing. Look for experts in debugging dies, with presses fully equipped with servo feeders, tonnage monitors, part-sensing equipment, straighteners and uncoilers.
Struggling to meet short due dates? In a hurry for progressive dies?
Find a job shop who will build your die, de-bug it, and run your first batch of parts for you. Take advantage of their 24-hour operation, running three shifts to handle short lead times, and completing rush jobs everyday.
Of course, this will all be done in a highly efficient, fully networked CAD/CAM environment. All designs should be done on CAD, with all CAD geometry then utilized on CNC machines, including EZ Traks, machining centers, wire EDMs and lathes.
Multiple die packages should be "no problem" for your supplier's highly skilled teams. Their teams of highly skilled tool and die designers, tool and die makers, machinists and specialized departments must be able to build multiple dies while maintaining quality and lead time requirements.
Look for a supplier whose design team is the backbone of their entire organization. Their team of tooling engineers and highly skilled tool and die designers should win them a lot of business and keep their customers satisfied and coming back with their next projects. Make sure your die designer:
- Designs their dies with the maintenance of the tool in mind. They should design them to be friendly to work on in the press.
- Uses modern CAD software that is compatible with the majority of the industry. It's important for them to be compatible with you.
- Uses customized design software made specifically for metal stamping dies. It is important for them to be efficient at designing dies.
- Designs and builds many dies that other shops won't even quote.
- Works very closely with their customers to design the part so it can be produced cost effectively in a progressive die.
- Has a very intense design review procedure in place.
- Keeps their customers involved in the design review process and communicates very well with them throughout the design process. They should believe the customer deserves to be satisfied with the design before it is built.
- Supplies CAD files with completed jobs.
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2010 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com