Plastic Injection & Blow Molding Production in the U.S.A. Versus Off-Shoring
U.S. plastic injection and blow molding services can be competitive with off-shore when all cost are considered, including development time, required trips to the source, shipping cost, duties, delays and loss of Intellectual Property protection. U.S. plastic injection and blow molding services will work closely with your company counterparts to reduce cost of goods through alternative materials, packaging, freight rates and plastic manufacturing processes.
13 reasons why producing your product in the United States is better than going Off-Shore.
- Plastic injection and blow molding services in the U.S. reduces lead-time. No long lead-time to get purchase orders acceptance, materials procurement, production scheduled, parts made and shipments completed.
- Plastic injection and blow molding services in the U.S. reduces inventories. JIT can be utilized. Upside volume in sales can be quickly accommodated.
- Plastic injection and blow molding services in the U.S. reduces shipping time. If your product is coming from overseas (such as Asia), it could take 30 days OTW (on the water) for shipments to arrive. U.S. shipments only take 1-5 days.
- NO delays with U.S. Customs or Ports of Entry inspections.
- Shipping rates are reduced when products are sourced in the U.S. Shipping containers can cost over $3,000 each, plus inland freight charges.
- There are no duties on goods produced in the U.S. There are no assist papers that need to be filed.
- Product development time for U.S. plastic injection and blow molding services items is greatly reduced compared to Asia. Normal time for a product from concept through tooling to first article in the U.S. is about 8 weeks. If produced in Asia, the time is about 6 months and several trips.
- Cost to send a engineer or procurement person to an off-shore company can cost thousands of dollars, and a week out of the office, where U.S. based factories cost significantly less to get to and can be done overnight.
- Intellectual property is much safer in the U.S. Asia has a history of counterfeit goods being produced and shipped to the states creating a cheaper competition. There are no laws being enforced in Asia to protect U.S. companies from being "knocked-off". Trademarks and Patents are largely ignored in Asia and other foreign countries.
- Communications is very difficult when doing business off-shore and can cause costly mistakes. Language differences are often the reason.
- Time zones hinder development and production schedules. With anywhere up to 14 hours differences, delays of at least one day to get responses to questions and issues are not uncommon.
- Quality issues are easily managed for U.S. plastic injection and blow molding goods. Quality issues from off-shore may require them to be sent back and forth several times, causing huge delays. If new production is required, another production cycle, including time on the water is required.
- Many of the consumer products produced off-shore for the U.S. find their way to the "street market" and diminish the good name of the manufacturer and increase cost.
U.S. plastic injection and blow molding services can be competitive with off-shore when all costs are considered, including development time, required trips to the source, shipping cost, duties, delays and loss of Intellectual Property protection. U.S. sourcing will work closely with your company counterparts to reduce cost of goods through alternative materials, packaging, freight rates and manufacturing processes.
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2010 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com