Spring Types and Configurations
TYPE CONFIGURATION ACTION
Push - wide load and deflection range - constant rate.
Push - wide load and deflection range.
Conical springs can be made with minimum solid height and with constant or increasing rate.
Barrel, hourglass, and variable pitch springs used to minimize resonant surging and vibration.
1) Push - high loads, low deflections - choice of rates (constant, increasing or decreasing)
2) Push - Light Loads, low deflection-uses limited radial space.
3) Push - Higher deflections than bellevilles.
4) Push - for axial loading of bearings.
5) Push - uesd to absorb axial end play.
Push - may have inherently high friction damping. 1
Push or pull - wide range of loads, low dflection range. Twist - constant rate. 1
Twist or Push
Twist - exerts close-to-constant torque over many turns. Pull - wide load and deflection range - constant rate. Pull - extension to a solid stop. Pull - very long deflection at constant load or low rate. Pull or push - to resist axial loads. 1
1) Pull with radial pressure.
2) Push with radial pressure.
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2010 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com