A printing process by which ink is applied to a surface by forcing it through a fine mesh screen (stencil) made of fabrics such as polyester. Advantages include:
KEYWORDS for this process: silk screening, screen printers, silk screeners
- Screen printing makes it possible to print on wide range of substrates.
- Possible to print on the substrates with various shapes and sizes.
- Many kinds of ink are available.
- Thick coating is possible. This makes the colors more vivid and the finish more opaque.
- Light printing pressure enables printing on fragile material.
- Since the screen is soft, it is possible to print on hard materials such as glass and metal as well as soft materials such as paper and fabrics.
- The screen is inexpensive, allowing cost-effective production of small quantities.
|Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us|
Copyright © 1996-2010 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com