How to Design Metal Stampings
Things We've Learned From Years Making Metal Stampings
12. Edge Conditions of Formed Parts
1. "As Formed" - This is most common and is formed from a controlled size and shape blank.
2. "Die Trimmed" - This is usually simple die trimming and parts have edges similar to flat stampings.
3. "Hemmed Edge" - This is formed for smoothness and stiffness.
4. "Curled Edge" - This is formed for maximum stiffness and smoothness.
5. "Lance-Formed" - Edges are likely to have more burr than flat stampings.
This technical information has been contributed by
Click on Company Name for a Detailed Profile
back | table of contents | forward
Home | About Us | Back To Technical Library | Contact Us Copyright © 1996-2010 JobShop.com. All Rights Reserved.
General or Technical Questions? E-mail support@JobShop.com